Friday, February 22, 2013

Escaping Provo

It's been a rough couple months around here. I'm not sure if it's due to my impending graduation, and all that growing up stuff or if it is due to the extra cold weather that seems to have come around this year.

Although I'm uncertain of the cause, I'm very certain of the cure-a weekend away! My family had plans to head to St. George for President's day weekend for months now, and after Christmas my friends got the idea to go camping down there for the extended weekend. Honestly, it was a dream come true for me to have so many of my very favorite people in one place.

My sisters and I drove down Friday night, met up with the parents, hit up the local Target (I had to get that InStyle) and of course grabbed dinner. The rest of the weekend was full of hours spent at the Parade of Homes, hot tubbing, delicious food, church, a visit to the temple, and enjoying that 60 degree weather.

The highlight of the trip was on Saturday night, when my friends and my family all met up and went to the Pizza Factory together. It was fun for me to have my parents meet this crazy "family" I have in Provo, and for my friends to meet my family and see just exactly where I get my crazy laugh from.


On Sunday, after church and a visit to the temple, I headed out for a lovely little nature walk with my friends in Snow Canyon. We climbed in some caves, and then tromped all over the giant stones. It was heaven to be outside in such a beautiful place in such wonderful weather.








Overall it was a wonderful weekend away from the cold, school, and Provo.

Thanks George, Abraham, Ronald and Barack for doing what you did/do! (and giving me a holiday!) God Bless the USA.

No comments: