Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Valentines Loves

Ok blog world. I had big plans for Valentines week around here. I was going to do what my beautiful cousin does each year and dedicate a whole week to telling you all about the things I love most. A Love Week, if you will.

However, I had a doozy of a weekend. And a Monday. And by Tuesday morning I was praying fervently for the weekend to come quickly, so I could recover from the one I'd just finished or at least that my alarm clock wouldn't go off so I could just hide in bed.

My alarm clock did go off and it's still only Wednesday (sigh)

However, sadness isn't really my thing. I'm kind of an eternal optimist here, and although sometimes it may drive those closest to me absolutely crazy, I kind of like to think it's one of my better qualities. So-here is a little, optimistic post about what I love. In the form of a list, of course.

Things that I will be Loving this Valentines Day: 

-JT. I fell hard for him back in '97 and to this day he is still my main man. Oh and his new album The 20/20 Experience drops on my birthday. Thanks for the gift Justin! I'll be spending Valentines Day dancing to Suit & Tie.
image via People
-March's InStyle magazine. I had big plans for this issue-it was going to be my people watching/long flight partner- however those plans are not to be. So-a simple evening with a cold Diet Coke, my favorite music playing and this issue will have to do instead.

-Conversation Hearts. No explanation really needed regarding these little pieces of joy.


-The Ouelessebougou Alliance. We're deep into planning and preparation for our annual auction, and although the work can be exhausting-the people, and the good we are doing is more than worth it. I'm so happy to be involved in such a good cause.

-My amazing friends and family. I'm blessed to have the very best kind of people in my life and I'm so grateful to have so many people to love!


So-this may not be a well thought out post with stunning pictures and witty dialogue but it's all I've got right now. And sometimes that's enough. Happy love day tomorrow!

1 comment:

molly jane said...

Love this post. AND JT! I'm so thrilled about him and new music I can barely stand it. His voice makes me melt.