Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Making My Own Luck

Two months ago, while out at a brilliant dinner with my mom and sister, I received this fortune in my cookie:


Making yesterday-February 5th-my lucky day.

Now, I'd been looking forward to this day for months but somehow it still snuck up on me. I was sitting in class, hair in a ponytail, tired from my Jillian workout when all of a sudden I realized: It's my lucky day.

So naturally, I took the rest of the morning to watch tv, relax, and actually do something to my hair before heading to work. At work I was able to get a lot of homework done, and read a little bit. After work I went to Meeg's house and had dinner, and then came home and hung out with my roommates a bit. It was a very normal day. Nothing out of the ordinary, no reason for it to be especially lucky. However, since I was looking for it, I realized just how lucky I am:

-Meegs made me a delicious dinner=I'm lucky to have good friends.
-I got to read my InStyle magazine=I'm lucky I convinced Mom to buy it for me
-I accomplished a lot of homework=I'm lucky I'm able to get ahead before leaving town
-I worked out=I'm lucky to have a healthy body
-I got to relax and watch my favorite shows=I'm lucky to have technology
-I chatted with my mom on the phone=I'm lucky to have such a wonderful family

But mostly, maybe I was lucky to receive that fortune cookie-since it reminded me how truly lucky I am.

No comments: