Monday, February 22, 2010

London Calling

So... it's official. I've been accepted to the London Study Abroad program through BYU for next fall!!! I've never wanted to go somewhere so badly as I wanted to get into this program, and today I found out I'm going!!!! So from the last week of August to the second week of December this year I will be living in London. I could not be more excited!

I will be living here:

(The BYU London Center)

Going through this door everyday:

(isn't it so cute!)

Visiting this:
(The London bridge! I hope it doesn't fall down!)

And admiring him:
(Big Ben... obviously)

Going to class here:
(At the BYU London Center)

Exploring here: (and hopefully running to stay in shape)
(The beautiful Hyde Park-which is supposedly right close by my little home there!)
Possibly catching a show here:

(London's theater district)
And...Traveling via this, well and the tube:
(an awesome double decker bus)
There will also be amazing classes, and lots of studying, great professors, possibly sharing a room with 12 other girls, shopping, delicious food (I've always wanted to try a crumpet!), a calling in a local ward, new friendships, more shopping, exploring my namesake and places where my ancestors lived and lots of pictures. So, throughout my time there, I will never have to steal artwork from Google like I did for this post, they will be all mine!
If you have any tips or suggestions of where to visit please let me know! Now, on to making money so I can go! :)
PS-Did I mention I am REALLY excited?
PPS-Thanks family for being so supportive and excited for me. I'll miss you more then I can say, but it's going to be awesome, thanks to your love and help! I love you all!

5 comments:

Mark n Sid said...

Awesome!!! It should to a blast:))

Mandy said...

Congrats!!! What wonderful adventure you will have and fun memories!!

karissa said...

Nicole!! That is soooo exciting! BYU is the only way to do study abroads I've heard...And LONDON will be such an awesome place--I am for sure jealous:)

Mindy said...

I am so excited for you!! That is awesome and will be such a treasured experience!

Shane said...

I'm excited for you...even though we will miss you. Now you can find out all the good spots for when mom and I go.