Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Simplify

A good thought. A noble, often lofty goal. An ideal to strive for. A thing to hope to achieve in the future.

But nonexistent in my life today.

3 classes.

2 review sessions.

1 ward activity duty.

1 D&C test.

At least 2 more hours of studying for said test.

Needless to say I don't have time for the sharp pain in my stomach.

I guess thats life though-having to make time for the unexpected. So, I sit here blogging with an ice cold Diet Coke and a few Cadberry eggs and convince myself that the lack of calories in the Diet Coke evens out the astronomical amount in the Cadberry. And then I decide that either way it's fine because the chocolate and d.c. may not heal the sharp pain in my stomach but they do heal my mentality. Keep me sane and such.

Some day I'll find simplicity... I feel that it is a long way down the road however. Dad loved to point out to me the other day that life only gets more busy when you're old, until about 80. So at age 80 I hope to find it.

Until then, I will strive for it. And, when it is the farthest thing from my life I'll just deal-as long as I have chocolate and diet coke :)

No comments: