Wednesday, November 24, 2010

I Am Thankful...

Today I embark on a quick trip to Ireland. Despite tomorrow being just a normal day here in Great Britain, it is a very important one in America, and despite how far I travel I will always be an American, and we will have school off to celebrate!

It's a tender time here at 27 Palace Court. Emotions are running high. Some girls are counting down the seconds until they come home. Others are stressing out of their minds about school work and finals. Some, are stressing about all the things they still want to see or do here before we leave.
As for me, I'm enjoying the ride. Excited to be here, excited to go home. I'm happy.

More than that though-I am thankful. And although I won't be home for Thanksgiving, the first time our family won't be together for thanksgiving, I will be celebrating my gratitude for all the blessings I have. So, here is what I'll be thankful for as I eat my Hard Rock Cafe Thanksgiving dinner in Dublin:
My great family
The gospel
Christmastime spirit of giving
Good friends

(Hyde Park Winter Wonderland-so much fun!)
Good music
London
Digital cameras
The opportunity I have to explore this world

(Jersey Boys last night. I love good music like this, and I love getting out in this city at night)
Medical advancements, and my good health
E-mail
The opportunity I have to receive education
Diet Coke
(The John Snow pump-John Snow is the father of Epidemiology and without him I would not be studying Public Health)
European chocolate
Laughter
My professors here
All the amazing opportunities I've had the past year

(One cool opportunity-visiting a Mosque last Monday. Yea, we were not too happy about having to cover our hair. Seriously, this would not work for me.)

And home where I will be for Christmas

But for now...

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: