Monday, November 15, 2010

Windsor, Hampton Court and...Harry Potter?

Our day trip last week involved to palaces. First Windsor:

There we were not only able to view the private apartments, which was awesome, but see the changing of the guards. This was one of the highlights of the day and I have a ten minute video on my computer to prove it.

Of course, I needed a picture with the guard that we saw take position. I couldn't come all the way over here and not take a picture with a guard!
After exhausted our excitement with Windsor we headed out into the little town around it. We got lunch there. Tomato soup (finally!!) and cokes. After eating we wanted to explore a little shop, but the sign said no food or drink. What are poor thirsty girls to do?


Good thing my pockets are so big! I'm sure if anyone heard the clinking they would have assumed something else was in the bottles, but luckily I'm good at hiding them.

As we were standing around, waiting to leave an old man joined our circle. He had food in his beard and was obviously homeless. He looked around and looked at each of us and asked:

"You're American!?"
We responded that we were. He just stared at us. Awkward silence. And then he....

walked away?

Yea, it was definitely weird to me too. Oh well!

Our next palace was-Hampton Court. This one was a favorite of King Henry VIII and he had his private apartments there.


We enjoyed getting the full experience, by running into these two:

But the highlight of this excursion was definitely the maize! Here we are at the beginning... lost and confused!
And here we are happy to have made it to the end!
The day was basically full of lots of fun, and an extra amount of laughter.
And an extra amount of pictures as well....
The next day it was the Harry Potter World Premiere here in London. Some of the girls here at the center decided to camp out all night and day in order to get right in with the celebrities.
Some of us made good use of our day. Jess and I not only went to the Tate Modern, and the British Library, but had time to visit this place to:
Thats right-Platform 9 3/4 at Kings Cross station. It was epic....
I've been trying to convince you all that I actually go to Hogwarts this whole trip-and this is just more evidence of it!
After lunch and a nap I got all bundled up and went down to Leicester Square for the premier. It was packed, but so so exciting. The whole square was a buzz as caldrons of fire sporadically lit up, and interviews with the stars were blasted through huge speakers and shown on giant screens.
Emma's dress was amazing.
Rupert is the least eloquent actor I've ever had the pleasure of hearing.
And Dan Rad, is oh so gracious.
Thats right, I was right there with them... and thousands of other people!
Overall it was very exciting! I can't wait to see the movie this week!

1 comment:

Lisa said...

I am so jealous! What a fun experience! Keep enjoying yourself!