Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Thanks Be To Abe, George, and yes, even you Obama

I am so grateful for long weekends, and this past one was no exception. 4 days was the perfect amount of time to get my fill of sandy and provo, study a little, and sleep a lot. By Friday I was in great need of some r&r and I decided all I wanted to do this weekend was chill.

I went home to Sandy where I was, as always when I come home, spoiled. This time with delicious food, lots of laughter, games with the cousins (liars dice? who knew that was so fun!), naps, cuddling with the puppy, movies and sweet tooth fairy cake bites. What could be better?

Saturday my mom Abbie and I headed over to the movies and along with a large dc and those above mentioned cake bites enjoyed this film...
and yes we all loved it. It was amazing. I was speechless (no pun intended). I know it's rated R, and I know that some people may not see it because of that... all I can say is I'm so glad I saw it.(the language was a little strong at parts though...just so you know) And I'm willing to bet $$ that it wins best picture on Sunday. (Anyone else love the Oscars?)

I was really impressed by every one's performance in it, but especially Helena's. Who knew? I mean I always thought she was good at that crazy stuff she usually does, but I had no idea how talented she really is. And Collin? amazing... no surprise there though. I left the theater inspired, and so impressed by what I had just seen.....(and yea, missing England)

Now, I ask, how do you finish a day that started off with such a great movie? Oh some cafe rio, shopping, good friends, and another movie. This one had a little more music, but just as much inspiration...
Although it was a 180 from The King's Speech, I also loved Justin Beiber's Never Say Never. Mock if you must, however I'm convinced that anyone that sees this will gain respect for the kid. It far exceeded my expectations. And the whole 3-D aspect just adds so much to those dramatic hair flips. I have to admit that I kind of fell in love a little bit in this movie-with jaden smith. "no pun intended i was raised by the power of will"
love. and his hair. oh man. what a cutie.

And of course my deep love for usher was only increased. With plenty of family ties, joking around, good music, celeb appearances, and drama (oh no, he is sick??!!) the only thing this movie could have done to improve itself is show usher shirtless.

I'm just sayin.

Stace and I left dancing, literally, and we LOVED rockin the stylish glasses. So glad that this is how we decided to spend our Saturday night.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Of Course you cuddled this weekend...

Unknown said...

It really was a great weekend, and a great movie....Kings Speech, I mean not Beiber.....just sayin.