Wednesday, February 23, 2011

"We've Got the Real King James"

That was what my favorite sign I saw at the BYU/Colorado game said. I loved it for two reasons
1-It was kinda funny being a religious institution and all

2-"we don't worship him." really? Then why was that one guy literally bowing after some shots. and "king"... seriously?

Yes, being at a BYU basketball game this week was quite the experience. Not only was I at the game but I was on the 5th row and everything is better down there... well except for the fact that I realized how comparatively short Jimmer is. I did have a nice view of Elder Bednar and Cecil, so that was exciting(are they even not in suits?). And it was a lot of fun trying to figure out what all the little cheers meant. And of course-the basketball was pretty darn good.

There was something shiny and bright about this game though. It wasn't necessarily the countenances of the students (one kid by us said the f word), or the bright lights and flashy music, or even the excitement of a bunch of boys simply playing for the love of the game. No, the bright and shiny was the sweet kicks the team wore for cancer awareness, it was the first time I was envious of basketball shoes!

I had a great time hanging with Lins, and we even got free cake.... 2 days late, but still free cake is always good. I just can't believe we didn't take any pictures! Oh well.

BYU game-5th row-saw Jimmer play... chalk it up as another necessary Provo experience :)

Post Edit.......................................

I feel like an idot. the end.

3 comments:

Stacie said...

Haha this is awesome.. Although his name really is James. Jimmer's just a nickname! :)

Unknown said...

Glad you had fun at the game and glad that you can keep reality in perspective. BYU has a great team this year and hope they go far in the "big dance."

I also wonder when all of the other noble causes will get their opportunity to spread their message on the athletic field?

Keep having fun and learn lots both in and outside the classroom.

Unknown said...

Wow, what an experience you are having there in happy valley! I'm glad you had such amazing seats for the game! Sorry about the bad language, but you know those BYU fans.