Tuesday, November 6, 2012

The America Edition

10 Things I'm Terribly Thankful For:

10-That I am a citizen of the United States of America

9-Our traditions-apple pie, football, consumerism, confidence, and Thanksgiving

8-The way people all come together here after heartache-September 11 and Sandy are just a few examples

7-Our belief and confidence in our ability to change the world

6-Those who desire to be good political leaders-from any party

5-Freedom of speech

4-Freedom of religion

3-Equality for all no matter race or gender

2-The freedom to vote and by doing so the ability to "self-govern"

1-That despite my love for other corners of the world, this country will always be home to me

This election day I'm especially thankful for this country I call home. May we all remember that, no matter who wins tonight, America is not determined by the president but rather by what the citizens decide to make of it.

God bless America.


No comments: