Thursday, November 5, 2009

Dreams

Today I'm full of gratitude for something very powerful, dreams. Not the sleeping kind, although those hold a very special place in my heart too, but the ones we conceive when fully awake and aware. Think where we would be without dreams? Without the dream for a better future, I would be content with mediocre grades and wasted hours. I would not know disappointment because I would not know achievement. I wouldn't cry over roadblocks to my destination because I would have no destination or hope of one. Without dreams I wouldn't know the satisfaction that comes from achievement, from reached or exceeded expectations. I would be hopeless, very hopeless.
Luckily, I have dreams. Many big, lofty dreams full of excitement, achievement, adventure and happiness. While I'm fully aware that dreams are easier imagined than achieved I don't get discouraged. I realize that I have the power to achieve anything I dream. That knowledge gives me the power to pick myself back up when knocked down, and try harder from then on.
So, while I may be currently struggling with Chemistry, or having a difficult time reaching beyond my zone of comfort I know that I can, with every step, become closer to a dream imagined. And that is what will keep me smiling while heading toward the testing center today-my future and the dreams it holds.

PS: These are some of the things filling my dreams lately :)



My favorite city in the world. I want to go back so badly right now....



Home and Christmas, two of the very best things...


Someday-eventually-I will be done with school and my dreams hold a hope that I'll be doing this...

No comments: