Monday, November 23, 2009

My Best Bud Part 1: Megan

I didn't mean to save the best for the end, but this post and the next one are two of the things I'm the very most grateful for.

One is Megan, and she is one of the two people that I love the most in this world. I truly believe that the three London girls loved each other so much in the pre-existence that God let us be sisters here on earth. Megan has a place in my heart that is just her own, as does Abbie, and those spots are two of the most tender. There isn't anything I wouldn't do for these 2 girls. There are many reasons why Megan is one of my best buds. She is the most tender, caring person I know. She never thinks of herself. She never sees someone who is hurt and does not stop to help. She never lets anyone be an outcast. She always loves me, even when I am far from being a good sister. She inspires, uplifts and encourages me. She is truly my hero.

Here are just a few things I love the most about her:


She loves easily and completely. Always.



She is an example, and doesn't know it.

Her eyes have watched me as the older sister for years, wanting to do what I do, thinking for some reason that I'm cool. Sometimes I think I failed as an example but she never sees that. What she doesn't realize is that while she was busy watching those older than she, I couldn't take my eyes off her. She makes me want to be kinder, nicer, better. She is an example I strive to emulate.

She gives her very possible best.
This is one of the famous Family Home Evening Lessons taught by her. Look how she goes all out, wearing a suit and tie and even having a picture of the prophet. One time she even created an "iron rod" for us complete with chairs as obstalces. I will never forget that lesson :)



Her little quirks.
Falling asleep anywhere, dressing up, having the volume of the radio on only numbers, lining up all her stuffed animals, shutting the pocket door, evening out the light switches, her love of star trek-all of the little things that make her my Megan. I love them.

She forgives me for my flaws, and forgets them.
She drinks diet coke like it's going out of style.
She gets excited about organizing music.
She scrapped the ice off my car windows when I was cold.
She reads the ends of books before the beginning.
She is beautiful but doesn't know it.
She is always there for me, no matter what.



No matter what, she will always be a sister. As Jo puts it sisterhood is a "bond even stronger than marriage" I don't know about that-I'm not married, but I know they mean more to me than anyone else in my life. Megan, wherever you go, whenever you feel lonely or like you're not good enough-think of me and know that to me you're the world. I love you.

Sneak Peak:Tomorrow, well I guess it's actually later today: Abbie

2 comments:

robyne said...

I've loved all of your posts, but this one, and the next one I am sure will be my favorite! I always wanted a sister, and when I got daughters I always wanted them to be close...I love how you love eachother! I love Megan's quirks too!!

Mandy said...

I love it you are so awesome!!! It's fun for me to see you all grow from the cute little girls that played with "bunnies" and danced at my reception. To see you all grown up and so strong and beautiful. Wow you have amazing parents too! love you