Thursday, November 26, 2009

Thanksgiving Eve

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving, well I guess technically it could be right now. The turkey is already very involved in the defrosting process, the house is very very clean, the tables are set up with table clothes all laid out and my stomach is very anxious for such delicious food. These are all just side dishes to the main event of Thanksgiving though-being together with those you love most and reflection on all of the blessings that are yours.

Tonight I'd like to express my gratitude for something that is very difficult to always be grateful for-Change.

I struggle with this one sometimes, but at the same time I love the idea that situations do not have to stay the same, and neither do we. Without change progression, achieving goals and becoming would be impossible. In my life the hope that tomorrow can be better, that I can do better at Chemistry, that I'm not stuck in any situation, that I can make more friends, set new goals and become what I want to are the things that bring me happiness.

And tonight it was the thought of change that made me smile.
The hope for something different.
The knowledge that I'm in control of some changes.
Hoping I can make those changes for the better bring more happiness.
And vowing to find the good in all change that seems "bad" on the surface.

So-here's to change, and the unknown excitement it can bring to my life. Who knows what the future holds? :)

Trick question: the answer is change

No comments: